A series of seminars designed to promote access to information on EU Research and Development (R&D) will take place in Australia and New Zealand between 1 April and 9 April 2004.
Declan Kirrane will be in Australia and New Zealand from 1 April to 9 April 2004 to speak about the Community Research and Development Information Service (CORDIS). Mr. Kirrane will give a series of presentations to government officials, universities and other representatives from the Research, Technology and Development (RTD) community in Australia and New Zealand. The visit is intended to further improve access to information on EU research and technology issues.
The role of CORDIS, a web based service created over ten years ago, is to bring together the research and business communities and to raise awareness of the benefits on research to society. The service has around 42,000 pages and seeks to provide transparent access to funding opportunities as well as the latest information on research activities. CORDIS users come from 100 different countries, and are also well represented in the European institutions.
Key highlights of the service are:
- obtaining timely information on the implementation of the Sixth Framework Programme (FP6) and opportunities for participation;
- gleaning a picture of EU funded research in the various constituencies;
- reviewing daily news on relevant policy developments;
- locating exploitable technologies, breakthroughs and success stories.
Thursday 1 April
- Royal Society of New Zealand
Friday 2 April
- National Centre for Research on Europe
Monday 5 April
- Department State of Development
- Australian Technology Park Redfern
Tuesday 6 April
- Premier's Department
- University of Queensland
Wednesday 7 April
- Department of Innovation, Industry and Regional Development
- Melbourne University
Thursday 8 April
- Academy of Science
- Department of Education Science and Training
For further information about the visit, please contact:
Adviser, Science & Technology
Delegation of the European Commission to Australia and New Zealand
18, Arkana Street
Yarralumla ACT 2600
Media contact in Brussels:
Source: Eurekalert & othersLast reviewed: By John M. Grohol, Psy.D. on 21 Feb 2009
Published on PsychCentral.com. All rights reserved.
Adversity introduces a man to himself.
~ Albert Einstein