Final media alert
Tuesday 16 March – Saturday 20 March 2004
Congress Centrum, Am Dammtor, D-20355, Hamburg, Germany
EBCC-4 is the only forum in Europe that involves all the major players in breast cancer and is expected to attract a record 4,000 delegates from around 80 countries worldwide.
Provisional news briefing programme
Tuesday 16 March 13.00hrs
1. Professor Lars Holmberg: Why breast self-examination can be harmful
2. Dr Alane Koki: Breast cancer chip brings personalised treatment closer
3. Dr Lonneke van de Poll-Franse: Younger breast cancer survivors suffer more, even ten years later
Wednesday 17 March 13.00hrs
1. Dr Youlia Kirova: New findings – BRCA genes and breast conservation – is conservation treatment safe for carriers?
2. Dr Maartje Hooning: New findings from major study of breast cancer treatment and heart disease and intriguing indications that profile for breast cancer risk may protect against heart disease.
3. Dr Robert Paridaens: First results from international study of exemestane versus tamoxifen as first-line treatment in metastatic breast cancer
Thursday 18 March 13.00hrs
1. Dr Eric Winer: Rigorous testing needed for complementary and alternative therapies (CAMs) – which CAMs are safe and which need further investigation?
2. Professor Dennis Holmes: New findings on DCIS and survival – comparing conservation treatment and mastectomy
To find full details of the programme……
Visit the EBCC-4 web site: http://www.fecs.be/conferences/ebcc4
Registration is free to all bona fide media on provision of press credentials
To register now: complete the attached form or register on the web site
OR: register on site as from Tuesday 16 March 2004.
If you wish to book accommodation, booking agents details can be found on: http://www.fecs.be/conferences/ebcc4/accommodation.shtml
FECS' Communication Manager Stuart Bell
EBCC Media Consultant Margaret Willson
Source: Eurekalert & othersLast reviewed: By John M. Grohol, Psy.D. on 21 Feb 2009
Published on PsychCentral.com. All rights reserved.
The time when you need to do something is when no one else is willing to do it, when people are saying it can't be done.
-- Mary Frances Berry