Final media advisory for the 4th European Breast Cancer Conference (EBCC-4)
Final media alert
Tuesday 16 March – Saturday 20 March 2004
Congress Centrum, Am Dammtor, D-20355, Hamburg, Germany
EBCC-4 is the only forum in Europe that involves all the major players in breast cancer and is expected to attract a record 4,000 delegates from around 80 countries worldwide.
Provisional news briefing programme
Tuesday 16 March 13.00hrs
1. Professor Lars Holmberg: Why breast self-examination can be harmful
2. Dr Alane Koki: Breast cancer chip brings personalised treatment closer
3. Dr Lonneke van de Poll-Franse: Younger breast cancer survivors suffer more, even ten years later
Wednesday 17 March 13.00hrs
1. Dr Youlia Kirova: New findings – BRCA genes and breast conservation – is conservation treatment safe for carriers?
2. Dr Maartje Hooning: New findings from major study of breast cancer treatment and heart disease and intriguing indications that profile for breast cancer risk may protect against heart disease.
3. Dr Robert Paridaens: First results from international study of exemestane versus tamoxifen as first-line treatment in metastatic breast cancer
Thursday 18 March 13.00hrs
1. Dr Eric Winer: Rigorous testing needed for complementary and alternative therapies (CAMs) – which CAMs are safe and which need further investigation?
2. Professor Dennis Holmes: New findings on DCIS and survival – comparing conservation treatment and mastectomy
To find full details of the programme……
Visit the EBCC-4 web site: http://www.fecs.be/conferences/ebcc4
Registration is free to all bona fide media on provision of press credentials
To register now: complete the attached form or register on the web site
OR: register on site as from Tuesday 16 March 2004.
If you wish to book accommodation, booking agents details can be found on: http://www.fecs.be/conferences/ebcc4/accommodation.shtml
Source: Eurekalert & othersLast reviewed: By John M. Grohol, Psy.D. on 21 Feb 2009
Published on PsychCentral.com. All rights reserved.