As Psych Central continues to grow and expand its offerings, we find it necessary to bring on a few more folks to help us with the website. As one of the top 10 mental health resources online today, we receive millions of visitors every year looking for reliable, quality mental health and psychology information. You can help gain experience and have your work seen by tens of thousands of individuals by taking advantage of this opportunity!
For the time being, these are volunteer, unpaid positions, but we will happily promote your name, background, personal website, and anything else you would like. For psychology graduate or undergraduate students, we will give you real-life experience in helping manage and run one of the largest mental health resources on the Internet today. At many colleges and universities, this can be done as internship. We will be happy to arrange the necessary paperwork to be approved as internship provider at your institution if you're serious.
All work is done from the convenience of your home and supervision is conducted remotely via email, IM and telephone calls. We have needs in the following areas:
- Online community moderators (for the Forums @ Psych Central)
- Writers (for articles for publication on both the website and in our monthly newsletter)
- Reviewers (for online psychology and mental health resources)
and provide us with the following information:
- The kind of work you would like to do on Psych Central
- Any previous experience with similar kind of work (brief description is fine)
- Online references to other kinds of work (if applicable)
- If a student looking for internship credit, contact information for your Careers/internship department at your university
Dr. Grohol will also be happy to provide letters of recommendation for any work done while working for Psych Central in any capacity. Thank you for your consideration!
Last reviewed: By John M. Grohol, Psy.D. on 9 Oct 2013
Published on PsychCentral.com. All rights reserved.