About John M. Grohol, Psy.D.
Dr. John Grohol is the founder & CEO of Psych Central. He is an author, researcher and expert in mental health online, and has been writing about online behavior, mental health and psychology issues -- as well as the intersection of technology and human behavior -- since 1992. Dr. Grohol sits on the editorial board of the journal Computers in Human Behavior and is a founding board member and treasurer of the Society for Participatory Medicine.
Articles by John M. Grohol, Psy.D.:
- Trying to Lose Weight? Maybe You Should Ditch That New Wearable
17 Jan 2017
- How the Repeal of Obamacare Will Impact People with Mental Illness
14 Jan 2017
- Who Looks After the President’s Mental Health?
07 Jan 2017
- Happy New Year 2017!
01 Jan 2017
- E-therapy Provider Talkspace Under Fire, CEO Oren Frank Responds
28 Dec 2016
- Carrie Fisher, Bipolar Disorder, Addiction & The People She Inspired
27 Dec 2016
- Suddenly, VC Guy Notices Mental Health Care
26 Dec 2016
- 21st Century Cures Act Becomes Law, Improves U.S. National Mental Health Efforts
13 Dec 2016
- Universal Health Services (UHS) Skewered (Again) by New Report
12 Dec 2016
- Facebook’s Flimsy Denial of Fake News & Its Impact
16 Nov 2016
- Fake News: Facebook Helps You Feel Well-Informed, Regardless of Actual Reading
15 Nov 2016
- Reading Your Medical Chart: How One Word Can Ruin Your Day
14 Nov 2016
- Got Insurance? You’re Going to Have a Frustrating Wait for Rationed Mental Health Care
11 Nov 2016
- Grief & Loss After the Election
10 Nov 2016
- Healing After the Election
08 Nov 2016
- ER Beds for Kids Lacking, But School Programs Can Help
19 Oct 2016
- Psychological First Aid for Mental Health: World Mental Health Day
10 Oct 2016
- 7 Tips for Coping with Life After a Hurricane
06 Oct 2016
- Join Us for World Mental Health Day on October 10 #WMHD
06 Oct 2016
- Maybe Vincent van Gogh Didn’t Have Bipolar Disorder or Schizophrenia After All
03 Oct 2016
- Awesome Mental Health Resources You Probably Didn’t Know About
30 Sep 2016
- Fitness Trackers: Fun Gadget or Serious Weight Loss Aid?
23 Sep 2016
- Hillary Clinton on Mental Health in America
12 Sep 2016
- The Psychology of Donald Trump & How He Speaks
31 Aug 2016
- Mental Health Care in Massachusetts: Needs Rise While Spending Falls
30 Aug 2016
- Forgiveness & One of the Most Important, Overlooked Things for a Relationship
29 Aug 2016
- Exercise Helps Your Mental Health, Depression & Anxiety: Now What?
24 Aug 2016
- 5 Things You Must Take to College to Help Your Mental Health
15 Aug 2016
- Does Sexual Satisfaction Change the Longer You’re in a Relationship?
11 Aug 2016
- Trump: Enemy of Those With Mental Illness?
05 Aug 2016
- Suicidal? Don’t Throw Away Your Shot
28 Jul 2016
- Does Posting Selfies Make You a Narcissist?
20 Jul 2016
- 6 Tips for De-Escalating an Argument
12 Jul 2016
- Pokemon Go Reportedly Helping People’s Mental Health, Depression
11 Jul 2016
- Happy Independence Day, 2016
04 Jul 2016
- Rating Mental Health Apps: Does Self-Monitoring Even Help?
02 Jul 2016
- Massachusetts: Third-World Mental Health Care?
27 Jun 2016
- How Do You Know that You’re with the Right Person?
23 Jun 2016
- 4 Things That Hurt Your Thinking & Keep You Stuck
20 Jun 2016
- New Quizzes on Bipolar, Eating Disorders, Paranoia & Stress
06 Jun 2016
- VA Medication Treatment Outperforms Private Sector
04 Jun 2016
- Bipolar Disorder & Violence: Is There a Relationship?
03 Jun 2016
- Senate Summit on Mental Health #MentalHealthReform & A Patchwork of Care
27 May 2016
- Kristen Bell: On Feeling Anxious & Depressed
16 May 2016
- Busting the Lies About the ‘Myths’ About Mental Illness
13 May 2016
- Can Therapy Help for Self-Harm?
12 May 2016
- What’s the Difference Between ADHD & ADD?
11 May 2016
- Another Step to Unlocking the Genetic Secrets of Schizophrenia
10 May 2016
- Happy Mother’s Day, 2016
08 May 2016
- Why We’re Proud to Partner with The Mighty
02 May 2016