About John M. Grohol, Psy.D.
Dr. John Grohol is the founder & CEO of Psych Central. He is an author, researcher and expert in mental health online, and has been writing about online behavior, mental health and psychology issues -- as well as the intersection of technology and human behavior -- since 1992. Dr. Grohol sits on the editorial board of the journal Computers in Human Behavior and is a founding board member and treasurer of the Society for Participatory Medicine.
Articles by John M. Grohol, Psy.D.:
- Fitness Trackers: Fun Gadget or Serious Weight Loss Aid?
23 Sep 2016
- Hillary Clinton on Mental Health in America
12 Sep 2016
- The Psychology of Donald Trump & How He Speaks
31 Aug 2016
- Mental Health Care in Massachusetts: Needs Rise While Spending Falls
30 Aug 2016
- Forgiveness & One of the Most Important, Overlooked Things for a Relationship
29 Aug 2016
- Exercise Helps Your Mental Health, Depression & Anxiety: Now What?
24 Aug 2016
- 5 Things You Must Take to College to Help Your Mental Health
15 Aug 2016
- Does Sexual Satisfaction Change the Longer You’re in a Relationship?
11 Aug 2016
- Trump: Enemy of Those With Mental Illness?
05 Aug 2016
- Suicidal? Don’t Throw Away Your Shot
28 Jul 2016
- Does Posting Selfies Make You a Narcissist?
20 Jul 2016
- 6 Tips for De-Escalating an Argument
12 Jul 2016
- Pokemon Go Reportedly Helping People’s Mental Health, Depression
11 Jul 2016
- Happy Independence Day, 2016
04 Jul 2016
- Rating Mental Health Apps: Does Self-Monitoring Even Help?
02 Jul 2016
- Massachusetts: Third-World Mental Health Care?
27 Jun 2016
- How Do You Know that You’re with the Right Person?
23 Jun 2016
- 4 Things That Hurt Your Thinking & Keep You Stuck
20 Jun 2016
- New Quizzes on Bipolar, Eating Disorders, Paranoia & Stress
06 Jun 2016
- VA Medication Treatment Outperforms Private Sector
04 Jun 2016
- Bipolar Disorder & Violence: Is There a Relationship?
03 Jun 2016
- Senate Summit on Mental Health #MentalHealthReform & A Patchwork of Care
27 May 2016
- Kristen Bell: On Feeling Anxious & Depressed
16 May 2016
- Busting the Lies About the ‘Myths’ About Mental Illness
13 May 2016
- Can Therapy Help for Self-Harm?
12 May 2016
- What’s the Difference Between ADHD & ADD?
11 May 2016
- Another Step to Unlocking the Genetic Secrets of Schizophrenia
10 May 2016
- Happy Mother’s Day, 2016
08 May 2016
- Why We’re Proud to Partner with The Mighty
02 May 2016
- U.S. Suicide Rates Go Up & Up: What Does It Mean?
22 Apr 2016
- Mental Health Courts: Does Coercion Add Anything of Value to Treatment?
17 Apr 2016
- Peer Support for Mental Illness Helps, Offers Hope
11 Apr 2016
- 5 Surprising Signs & Hidden Symptoms of Bipolar Disorder
30 Mar 2016
- Is CBT a Scam & a Waste of Money?
24 Mar 2016
- Why ADHD in Women Looks Different Than in Men
23 Mar 2016
- Should Doctors Treat Depression Like Diabetes?
22 Mar 2016
- How Well Do You Know Your Facebook Friends?
15 Mar 2016
- 7 More Bad, Annoying Habits of Therapists
13 Mar 2016
- Oops! No ‘Replicability Crisis’ in Psychological Science After All
05 Mar 2016
- Why Are You Letting Your Smartphone Control Your Life? 6 Tips to Get it Back
25 Feb 2016
- How Do Mental Illness Diagnoses Really Compare to Medical Diagnoses?
21 Feb 2016
- The Relentless Drum Beats on about Problematic Internet Use aka “Internet Addiction”
20 Feb 2016
- #MindOurFuture: Share Your Mental Health Story
18 Feb 2016
- Touched With Fire: The Two Faces of Bipolar Disorder
18 Feb 2016
- Does Seasonal Affective Disorder Exist? Can Depressive Symptoms Be Seasonal?
16 Feb 2016
- Trouble Sleeping? Your TV, Computer or Phone May Be the Cause
01 Feb 2016
- Don’t Mess with Moms Who’ve Suffered Postpartum Depression #meditateonthis
30 Jan 2016
- Glenn Close Opens Up About Her Depression
29 Jan 2016
- Making Sense of the 2016 Depression Screening Guidelines
27 Jan 2016
- How Do You Use Your Limited Time & Brain Cycles?
22 Jan 2016