About Gretchen Rubin
Gretchen Rubin is the award-winning author of The Happiness Project, a #1 New York Times bestseller. Order your copy or read some sample chapters from the book. You can also watch the one-minute book video or listen to a sample of the audiobook. She is a regular contributor to Psych Central.
Articles by Gretchen Rubin:
- Why I Let Myself Take the Elevator at the Gym
10 Feb 2016
- These 5 Habits Can Relieve Loneliness
07 Feb 2016
- Don’t Fall for the Common Myth that Stops People from Changing Habits
05 Feb 2016
- 7 Tips to Help Someone Else Change a Habit
02 Feb 2016
- Want to Make 2016 a Happier Year? Here’s How I Did It Month by Month
22 Jan 2016
- 5 Easy Habits That Strengthened My Relationships
19 Dec 2015
- What Do You Do with All Those Holiday Cards?
17 Dec 2015
- The Positive Perspective: Replacing ‘Despite’ with ‘Because’
27 Oct 2015
- 7 Things I Learned about Myself After Getting a Dog
07 Oct 2015
- A Lesson in Happiness and Love I Learned from Rob Lowe
28 Sep 2015
- Do You Text While Driving? Why You Shouldn’t — and How to Stop.
24 Sep 2015
- What We Can Learn from Reading People’s Final Journal Entries
21 Aug 2015
- The Loopholes Used to Justify Drinking
22 Jul 2015
- Building Better Habits: Order Can Create Inner Calm
06 Jul 2015
- How Rewarding Yourself for Good Habits Can Throw You Off Track
04 Jul 2015
- Have You Ever Felt a ‘Call’ to Do a Certain Kind of Work?
03 Jun 2015
- Do You ‘Interview for Pain’ When Talking to Your Kids?
17 May 2015
- Why I Don’t Read Reviews of My Books or Profiles of Myself
12 May 2015
- Family: The Days Are Long, But the Years Are Short
07 May 2015
- Can Something Become Important Simply Because We’re Paying Attention?
05 May 2015
- Do You Have Trouble Breaking Bad Habits Because They’re ‘Precious’?
09 Apr 2015
- Do You Really Want to Change that Habit?
05 Apr 2015
- If You Don’t Use Something, Why Can’t You Part with It?
01 Apr 2015
- Why Do Habits Seem to Make Us Numb?
23 Mar 2015
- What Habits Are Best for Channeling Creativity?
19 Mar 2015
- How Laura Ingalls Wilder Got a Rebel to Learn His Lessons
15 Mar 2015
- One Way to Use Someone Else to Strengthen Your Good Habits
11 Mar 2015
- Which of These Four Stories Do You Tell Yourself about Money?
05 Mar 2015
- Before and After: An Obliger Figures Out How To Exercise Regularly
02 Mar 2015
- The Perfect Office Design: Does Your Office Measure Up?
26 Feb 2015
- Are You Good at Making Excuses?
21 Feb 2015
- Do You Ever Yield to a Temptation Out of Concern for Someone Else?
12 Feb 2015
- Quiz Yourself: What Kind of Play Do You Enjoy?
05 Feb 2015
- Are You an Upholder, Questioner, Obliger, or Rebel? Thoughts on the 4 Tendencies Quiz
30 Jan 2015
- Do You Wish You Spent Less Time Watching ‘Potato-Chip News’?
28 Jan 2015
- 5 Tips for Becoming a Better Listener
26 Jan 2015
- Fill in the Blank: X Is a Good Servant But a Bad Master
21 Jan 2015
- Like Jung and Wharton, Do You Remember When You First Knew Yourself?
19 Jan 2015
- A Fun Way to Shape the New Year: Pick a One-Word Theme
17 Jan 2015
- Trying to Keep a Resolution? Look Out for This Common Trap
15 Jan 2015
- 12 More Tips to Help You Keep Your New Year’s Resolutions
14 Jan 2015
- ‘Everything Is Raw Material … But without Proper Preparation I Cannot See It’
11 Jan 2015
- Questions for the Upholders, Questioners, Obligers, & Rebels
08 Jan 2015
- Do You Love Simplicity or Abundance?
06 Jan 2015
- 6 Things I Learned While Recording an Audiobook
04 Jan 2015
- Making a New Year’s Resolution? Consider These 5 Tips
31 Dec 2014
- 13 Tips to Fight Holiday Food Temptation
23 Dec 2014
- The Psychology of Rewarding Yourself with Treats
13 Dec 2014
- Some Surprising Observations about How to Fight Clutter
10 Dec 2014
- Believe in Yourself: A Surprising Way to Boost Morale
04 Dec 2014