About Christy Matta, MA
Christy Matta M.A. is a trainer, consultant and writer. She is the author of "The Stress Response: How Dialectical Behavior Therapy Can Free You from Needless Anxiety, Worry, Anger, and Other Symptoms of Stress."
Christy has worked in mental health since 1994, is intensively trained in Dialectical Behavior Therapy(DBT) and has extensive training in Mindfulness. She is an experienced group leader and trainer in both Mindfulness and DBT Skills Groups. Christy blogs regularly for Psych Central at Dialectical Behavior Therapy Understood.
Posts by Christy Matta, MA:
- Interventions That Really Work for College Drinking
27 Oct 2013
- Why Do We Overeat?
26 Sep 2013
- 5 Cognitive Behavioral Strategies for Losing Weight that Work
18 Sep 2013
- The Mysteries of Sleep Explained
08 Sep 2013
- Diets & Dieting: Is it Time to End the Debate?
24 Aug 2013
- Can Distraction Contribute to Mental Illness?
10 Aug 2013
- 7th Canadian Conference on Dementia
28 Jul 2013
- 5 Steps to Improve Sleep & Emotional Vulnerability
18 Jul 2013
- Unraveling the Secrets of Our Mysterious Brain
23 Jun 2013
- New to Mindfulness? How to Get Started
03 Jun 2013
- Our Brain on Stress: Forgetful & Emotional
06 May 2013
- How Trauma Can Affect Your Body & Mind
18 Apr 2013