Group psychotherapy specializing in helping people with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a relatively new treatment method that has been gathering a lot of very exciting data and attention lately, especially when budgets can be tight and one on one therapy isn’t always an option.
That’s why I’m pleased to announce a free webinar on Monday, Nov. 25 @ 7:00 pm ET, entitled CBT for ADHD: Manage Adult ADHD with Leading-Edge Group Therapy.
In this free webinar, therapist Alina Kislenko explores how a group approach can speed up the therapy process even if you’re already seeing an ADHD Coach. Please click through to learn more and to RSVP today.
By attending this free seminar, you’ll learn about:
- What role groups can play in your treatment process
- Recent research in the world of CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) for ADHD
- The different types of groups available and how to access them
- The pros and cons of group treatment vs individual treatment
- The most effective types of groups to look for
- What CBT is and why you should care about it
- Why CBT is the leading behavioral treatment for people with ADHD
- Some of the biggest success stories and how you can learn to make change stick for you too
- Myths and Facts around group therapy
- The difference between support and therapy groups
Presenter Alina Kislenko is a therapist in private practice specializing in ADHD, Asperger’s, Sex therapy, and couples issues. Alina has been running support groups for people with ADHD and Asperger’s for the last four years, and also hosts the Strange Brains Talk Radio Show (Guelph, ON) which focuses on exploring strategies for people with ADHD and Asperger’s.
Alina knows what it’s like to be on the other side of the conversation. She’s been diagnosed with ADHD and mild Asperger’s Syndrome (AS) herself, so she strives to inject humor and warmth into her work as group facilitator and as an ADHD, AS, and Productivity Coach.
A live 45-minute teaching with a PowerPoint presentation, followed by a Q & A session.
Presented by Psych Central with host Zoë Kessler.
Date: Monday, November 25, 2013 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM EST
This post currently has
You can read the comments or leave your own thoughts.
Last reviewed: By John M. Grohol, Psy.D. on 8 Nov 2013
Published on PsychCentral.com. All rights reserved.
Grohol, J. (2013). Free Webinar: What is Group CBT for ADHD?. Psych Central. Retrieved on January 26, 2015, from http://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2013/11/18/free-webinar-what-is-group-cbt-for-adhd/