We’re starting a new feature here on Psych Central of a short weekly podcast of the week’s top stories of mental health and psychology news. The podcast is produced by Psych Central contributor and blogger Summer Beretsky.
This week’s podcast on psychology and mental health news covers the following topics:
- Obesity linked to structural changes in the brain?
- Meditation helps depression in breast cancer patients
- UK’s prescription jump in antidepressants
- Daytime naps for toddlers very important for mood later in life
- Teenage children of lesbian moms have a quality of life similar to heterosexual parents
We hope you enjoy this podcast. Please, let us know in the comments what you liked or didn’t like about it! Thank you.
This post currently has
You can read the comments or leave your own thoughts.
From Psych Central's World of Psychology:
Psych Central Week in Review Video #1 | World of Psychology (1/8/2012)
Last reviewed: By John M. Grohol, Psy.D. on 6 Jan 2012
Published on PsychCentral.com. All rights reserved.
Grohol, J. (2012). Psych Central Weekly News Podcast, Jan. 5 2012. Psych Central. Retrieved on March 12, 2014, from http://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2012/01/05/psych-central-weekly-news-podcast-jan-5-2012/