Top 20 Reasons Women Said They Have Sex
According to research published in the August issue of Archives of Sexual Behavior in a survey of 400 students and volunteers, the following top 20 reasons were given by women as to why they have had sex in the past:
1. I was attracted to the person.
2. I wanted to experience the physical pleasure.
3. It feels good.
4. I wanted to show my affection to the person.
5. I wanted to express my love for the person.
6. I was sexually aroused and wanted the release.
7. I was ‘‘horny’’.
8. It’s fun.
9. I realized I was in love.
10. I was ‘‘in the heat of the moment’’.
11. I wanted to please my partner.
12. I desired emotional closeness (i.e., intimacy).
13. I wanted the pure pleasure.
14. I wanted to achieve an orgasm.
15. It’s exciting, adventurous.
16. I wanted to feel connected to the person.
17. The person’s physical appearance turned me on.
18. It was a romantic setting.
19. The person really desired me.
20. The person made me feel sexy.
Keep in mind, most of the subjects were college students, which certainly might color why some of these are in the Top 20.
Grohol, J. (2007). Top 20 Reasons Women Said They Have Sex. Psych Central. Retrieved on November 28, 2015, from http://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2007/08/01/top-20-reasons-women-said-they-have-sex/