I feel as if I’m losing my sanity. I have the urge to kill anyone and have no mercy towards family or friends. I love blood and gore. I love the feeling of gaining the power in life or death. I love the feeling of a knife in my hand. I was wondering why that for the last few weeks ive gained stronger urges every time I wake. Please take me seriously. I am no joke.

A. I don’t have enough information to answer your question. I would need to know a great deal more about your life circumstances to determine why your urges are gaining strength.

You stated that you are “losing your sanity.” I’m not certain if that is a reference to your experiencing significant mental health instability and your feeling as though you are losing control. Without the necessary information, I can only speculate.

It’s important that you understand that killing is wrong. Every religion considers murder to be a sin. It will not solve your problems. It is both wrong and illegal. If you were to kill someone, you would likely be incarcerated for the rest of your life or executed or you may be locked away with other criminals who would victimize you and treat you the way you fantasize treating others. Those are the real-life consequences.

The responsible course of action is to seek help. If you cannot control your behavior, then go to the emergency room or call 911. The staff at the hospital can keep you safe and protect you from harming others. Please take care.