Behavior Issues?

My son will be 3 next month and for the longest time he has been a terrible toddler to say the least. He will not listen to anything I say. I try redirecting him, I try spanking him, the corner. Doesn’t seem to phase him. However if his dad is home. He is so good. I just don’t understand. I feel like my child is out of control. Especially when were out in public. He throws the worst temper tantrum if he doesn’t get his way and I have to end up leaving sooner than I wanted to because it is so out of control. Any suggestions?

A: Rather than hope and poke with an intervention I would recommend testing by a clinical or neuro-psychologist. This will help to pinpoint what are your son’s strengths and needs. This will give you the best choices for moving forward.