Not Able to Understand Reality

I have Pure O OCD and i think i have Aspergers too. I am struggling with the OCD as thoughts often tear me down in my subconscious without any way to calm myself down. The thing i struggle with the most or would want to cure myself of first is the inability to understand what is happening in reality. for eg. If i were to enter a room i would not understand or be able to grasp anything happening around me until told with the exact logical words what is actually going on. I just seem to stare at people’s facial expressions and hand movements without really understanding anything happening in the conversation at all. When its my turn to speak i cannot find words and make a sentence thinking about the topic and to be honest i dont even know what i’m talking about. Where as normal people might immediately pick up what is going on without a word being said. I cannot feel any emotion. I cannot properly explain to myself that, intrusive thoughts are not true. I dont understand reality at all, its all there but not understandable. I want to know what is going on with me so that I may learn about myself and improve. I do not even know what this blank mind is called, and without first learning about this inability to understand or speak, I am helpless in recovering from OCD. Thank you for answering my question.

A. Individuals with autism spectrum disorders have significant difficulties with social interactions, social information processing and OCD-like repetitive interests and behaviors. These difficulties can significantly impair the quality of one’s life.

The difficulties you’re facing are common among adults with autism spectrum disorders. You should consult a mental health professional who specializes in adult autistic spectrum disorders. If possible, choose a therapist who is familiar with cognitive enhancement therapy (CET). CET is a relatively new treatment that trains individuals with autism spectrum disorders to have more positive social interactions. They do this by teaching individuals, among other things, how to identify social cues, how to take the perspective of another person and how to properly respond in a one-on-one conversation.

If a CET-trained professional is not available, choose a therapist who has experience working with clients with problems similar to yours.

If you have not done so already, consult a psychiatrist about your obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD). Medication could help you to better manage your symptoms. Please take care.