My Parents and I Disagree

I’ve recently told my Jehovahs Witness parents that I don’t believe in god and my dad is depressed and my parents feel like failures I don’t know what to do. I feel like its my fault but I would’ve had to tell them sooner or later right ? Please help me I’ve tried being a Jehovah’s Witness before but I don’t believe In any form of a god and I don’t want to hurt people.

A: I admire your honesty in explaining to your parents your true feelings. They should too. At the core of any communication is the degree to which people are honest with each other and establishing trust. The fact that you are being clear, direct, and honest with them means that you have embraced the most essential element in human relationships.

I would keep the dialogue going. Your parents will have to cope with their own feelings but should take solace in the fact that you are not living a lie. Don’t compromise your honesty just to make them feel better. That would not serve them, you, or your spiritual growth.