I’m Isolated and Lonely

Egypt:  First excuse me for my broken english ,
I just wanna ask u doctors cuz Im in the maximum limits of boring, isolated, and lonely.
My issue didnt start now its have been stocked with me since when I was in school , i dont have friends and i was always Adopted on my brother to make friends he is older than me by one year and all my friends they was his friend , now when he finish his college I found out that theres no one at all i know and all my colic in college i dont know them and we just say hi and hi only , and trying to remember who I know I found that i dont know anyone and i don’t have friend from school or any where , i know that im so weak in Social relations and cannot make friends so can u doctors help me pls Im dying alone.

A: You’ve made a great start. You wrote to us here at PsychCentral. That means you know how to look for help. Now you need to do that some more. There are hundreds of books and websites that help people understand how to make and keep friends. You aren’t as clueless as you think. You’ve been around your brother and his friends for years. You probably picked up more skills than you give yourself credit for. Reading about social skills will remind you of what you know and will help you develop a strategy for changing your situation.

In addition: The best way to get to know people is by doing something where people have a shared interest. It can be anything; a band, a service organization, a volunteer job or a charity event. When people are focused on an activity instead of each other, there is less pressure and people get to know each other gradually. Friends are not going to knock on your door. You are going to have to make an effort. Joining something you are truly interested in and where other people your age hang out will give you a group of people to get to know.