Multiple Personality Disorder?

I’m just a normal 14 year old school kid, but lately i have had an urge to develop Multiple Personality Disorder. I am honestly just really curious as to how it would be like living with MPD, and I wanted to know if there is a way to develop it without being traumatized or suffering a similar event. I don’t know why, but lately i have been searching all over the internet for a way to do this, and nothing turned up. So could you please tell me if I can or not?

Thanks for your question. MPD, also known as Dissociative Identity Disorder, isn’t something that people get an urge to develop. But I think it’s much more likely is that you enjoy taking on the persona, fantasizing about playing different roles. This is very different. This is what actors strive to do when learning how to play the different parts and what fiction writers do when they portray their characters.

Along these lines I would recommend you take a creative writing course and some acting classes. These two creative outlets should satisfy this urge.

Proof Positive
Blog @ PsychCentral