Intrusive Thoughts Getting Out of Control

My situation is about my intrusive thoughts. I have had them for as long as I can remember and everytime they appear in my head I end up screaming: no!, let me go!, leave me alone! or shut up!. For most of my life I have been able to keep this from happening (so often) when I am around others, but for the past year or so they have gotten to the point where I scream out in work, school whenever I go out to restaurants, etc. This is obviously embarrassing for me but it also scares the people around me. I have been diagnosed with social anxiety and depression in the past and although this is happening more frequently, the thoughts haven’t increased only my reaction to them, and I’ve been in worst situations in the past so there is nothing really triggering this change at the moment. I would first like to know if this is part of my anxiety or something else (a disorder maybe?), if there are quick ways to deal with it since it happens so fast I don’t really notice it till I’m already yelling. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

A: Thank you for writing us. There isn’t enough information to know exactly what the best remedy would be, but it may be important for you to start noticing if the thoughts have a theme to them, when they occur, and their level of intensity.

This information will be important for you to bring to a therapist or psychiatrist. He or she will be able to help sort through with the best course of action would be.