Date Doubled Over

I just started dating a 56-year old woman. Last night, we were at an Oscar party and I went to the men’s room.

When I returned, she was doubled over, almost in a fetal position, shaking and rocking back and forth in place.

She says she doesn’t remember ANY of this, but it looks serious to me. Is there anything I should be aware of here?

Thanks for your help.

A: There was too little information here to know for sure, but we do know it was disturbing for you to see. The loss of memory about this is perhaps the most disturbing. Unless there was heavy drinking involved, I would be hard-pressed to explain both her behavior and her inability to remember it. Offer to go with her to the doctor for a general physical. This is a good place to start.