Bipolar Advice

By Daniel J. Tomasulo, PhD, TEP, MFA, MAPP

My Dr. is away until late March. I am crashing. I hate people, they smell. There is so much noise all around me I cannot cope with it. The world is moving at a different speed than I am. I am worried, but my Dr. is away. Should I ask to see one of his partners?

A: Yes. March is a long way away and I wouldn’t wait. I would even go so far as to say that if you can’t get in to see one of the partners, make an appointment with a competent psychiatrist in your area who can see you in the interim.

For the future I would talk to your doctor about making these arrangements with you ahead of time to avoid anxiety downstream.

Wishing you patience and peace,
Dr. Dan
Proof Positive Blog @ PsychCentral




Last reviewed: By John M. Grohol, Psy.D. on 22 Feb 2014

APA Reference
Tomasulo, D. (2014). Bipolar Advice. Psych Central. Retrieved on February 1, 2015, from

Want a more immediate answer from others like you?
Use your Psych Central account in our self-help support community.

Subscribe to Our Weekly Newsletter

Find a Therapist
Enter ZIP or postal code

Users Online: 11255
Join Us Now!