Learning Disability?

Hello, I am writing because I have a suspicion that I may have some sort of mental disability or learning disability but I don’t know how to go about researching or finding out.
Iv always had a hard time with self motivation and procrastination. I struggled all through high school and was diagnosed with ADD in my early childhood.

Now as an adult there are things I am noticing that I have substantial trouble with that others do not. For example — I play a Dungeons and Dragons game every week with friends. While we have been playing for years and the somewhat complex rule system has become second nature to everyone else…I still struggle with comprehending it. I know I am not stupid, so I find it frustrating that I can’t get the hang of something that everyone else has no trouble with.

More recently, my husband and I have decided that we would like to move to a bigger apartment. Pretty normal everyday thing that everyone does. We had a fight because I can’t bring myself to go apartment hunting. It isn’t that I’m lazy and putting it off…every time I go to make a phone call to set up apointments to view apartments, I get “deer in the headlights” frozen. I don’t know what to do. It seems so simple and yet I freeze up at the idea of doing it.

I don’t know why I have these blocks. Doing simple adult things like apt. hunting, job interviews, or taxes makes my mind just freeze or shut down. It’s beginning to cause strife in my marriage. I would love to know what the issue is.

Thanks for your time,

A: Let’s see if we can approach this by making a comprehensive list of not only where you need help, but also by you taking the character strength survey located here. The survey will help you identify what your strengths are (for free) so that you can see a more balanced view of yourself. In this way the issues you will be looking to improve on are seen along with your strengths.

Second, I would recommend you contact a therapist familiar with cognitive behavior therapy
(see the find help tab at the top). This approach will help target strategies for correcting your thoughts and behaviors.