I Imagine Killing People

I keep imagining that am killing people I can see it in my head how I want to do it and with what one vision was stabbing my boyfriend with a knife from the kitchen and I could feel and smell the blood on my hands I don’t want to hurt my boyfriend and it’s not just him I have theses visions about I had one where I was visiting my doctor and I couldn’t think about anything else other than stabbing him in the eye with his own pen. How can I stop having these visions and images.

A. I’m wondering how long you’ve been experiencing these images. Has this ever happened before? Did you recently consume illicit drugs? Have you been under a great deal of stress recently? What else is going on in your life that may be contributing to these images? When these images arise, how do you handle them? Do you ever attempt to stop them by distracting yourself?

The aforementioned questions, and many others, would likely be assessed during a mental health evaluation. I think that having a mental health evaluation at this time may be vitally important. The images that you have described are unusual and may indicate that something is wrong.

You mentioned that you are seeing a doctor. Despite the imagery of you harming him or her, you should make an appointment immediately. It’s important to report this problem to your doctor. Do not ignore what you have been experiencing. The doctor will evaluate your condition and determine the most appropriate intervention. He or she may recommend counseling and or medication to treat the problem.

You are correct to be concerned. I hope you will seek proper professional help. If you feel that you can’t control your behavior, then go to the emergency room. Doctors at the emergency room can protect you. Please take care.