Empty Inside

I’m so empty inside. I can’t ever sleep. I can’t eat. I never have energy. I’m always thinking of things that hurt or have hurt me emotionally. I don’t want to die but I never want to be part of this waking world. All I see is sadness and pain I can never enjoy anything. Hi I’m 23 male and I just would like to tell you as much as I can and see if I can get some advice because I don’t know we’re to turn to. I come from a broken family were I’m the black sheep of my family my parents are separated and have never been real parents. I have 3 brothers I never talk to I mean ever. I work at a subway restaurant were I’m over worked and stressed out. I’m single and have been for almost 2 years cause I don’t feel like I’m worthy of any girl mentally and physically. I find people to be boring and stupid. my friends are “ok” but they are mostly people i see just to get out of my head if that makes sence. I just want to be happy have goals and dreams a life. But I’m always bombarded with stress anger and negativity. I don’t know what to do life is just a drag to me. I’m so lonely and have nothing to look forward to. Aorry my if my post is a little vague I just know how else to explain my feelings.

A: I am sorry that these feelings are so pervasive in your life. But many of the things you are identifying are symptoms that respond to a variety of interventions. Many people have been able to slow down, stop, or reverse these thoughts and feelings.

I would highly recommend therapy, particularly if you could find a cognitive-behavior therapist. Therapists with this approach can help teach you ways to start challenging your negative thoughts. You also may want to consider medicine. Many new medications, as well as long-standing proven ones, may help you break these depressive symptoms.

You can contact your local community hospital for an outpatient clinic that will work on a sliding scale if money is a problem. If you have insurance you may want to find out from your insurance carrier which providers are in the network. The important thing is to do something sooner rather than later to help you feel better. Also, the find help tab at the top of the page can help you locate someone in your area.