Why Do We Need Counseling?

So my situation right now is a bit complicated, I’ve moved in back with my parents about a week and a half ago. I lived with my boyfriend who is also the father of my child we have been together for 3 years. The last few months all we have been doing is arguing and he has been acting realy distant with me so my first instinct was that he was cheating, I cannot say if he has or has’nt I have not caught him doing wrong but just act suspicious I will come clean and say that I am guilty of cheating I was texting another man behind his back. The day that we both chose that I should move out of his house we got into a public argument it got physical and the police were called by bystanders and he found the txts. He picks up baby when he can but he says we both need help and counseling. I dont understand what he means by this. Should I take his advice and get help…I feel like i didnt do much damage yet im paying for it and so is my daughter. I don’t understand why he just cant forgive me. I am heartbroken and lost and I feel as a couple we are just fine, but I’d like to get a second opinion.

A: You are not fine as a couple. You don’t trust him. You cheated. An argument got physical. What more reason do you need than that to tell you that your boyfriend is right? If you are going to make it as a couple, you need to get to the bottom of why you can’t be a comfortable and functioning team. Give your boyfriend credit for wanting to work it out. He’s showing you that he is an exceptionally caring and smart guy.

You both deserve better. Your child deserves parents who are loving and working together. Please make that appointment and take therapy seriously.