Hatred for Stepson

I have a three year old step son who really gets under my skin the way he talks the way he looks the way he eats just him being around angers me to the point I feel hatred for him I don’t know why I feel this way and don’t know how to make it go away and I cannot just divorce my wife because we have one year old together and I feel exactly 100% opposite about him as I do the step son. I’ve not been abusive I don’t hit neither one of the kids I’m afraid to spank the step son because I’m afraid ill hurt him.so I don’t discipline him in any way I pretty much don’t do anything with him I feel like he is the third wheel in our family and I often wish he was not around at all because my hate for him is ripping me and my wife apart what can I do.

A: Thank you for asking about this. I would strongly encourage you to see a family counselor who is proficient in working with blended families. My guess is there is more to your reaction than just the child and having a trained person help you sort through it would be the best way to go forward.