Voices

I’m not sure what’s wrong with me. I was diagnosed with depression in the middle of 8th grade but now I’m almost done with tenth grade and I feel like everything’s getting worse. I’m hearing voices in my head and I hate eating because it makes me sick. My parents know about it and they are going to get me someone to talk to soon but i feel like that’s not going to help. I’m genuinely beginning to think I cant handle everyday life. I’m having mental breakdowns a lot too and that’s usually when I feel the worst. The voices are louder and I tend to self harm. I just want to know what’s wrong with me. I feel like I’m going crazy.

A: Thank you so much for taking the time to write your request for information. It must be very difficult to feel these depressed thoughts for this long. I would strongly encourage you to ask your parents to move the appointment up sooner rather than later — this will give you a chance to talk about these symptoms to a professional. In the interim you may want to talk to the school guidance counselor until an appointment is made with someone outside the school.