Am I Depressed?

I`m 15 years old I moved from slovakia to England About one Year ago.I get diagnosed with bone cancer 8 months ago.I have no friends here,no one who I can tell how I feel about What I`m going thru right know.I had one friend I told her everything.. but she doesn`t care about it anymore.so all i feel is locked inside myself.I spend whole day in my bed I don`t talk to anyone ,I don`t want to eat All I do is Sleeping..I sleep over all days..I don`t want to be awake because I`m sad,I`m crying for no reasons..I want to die..am I depressed ?? what should I do with myself ? I dont want to be like this..but I can`t help myself ..it`s just too much on me ..please help my ! (sorry for my english I dont speak english very well)

A. Depression is a strong possibility. I would advise you to speak to your parents about how you’re feeling. They need to be aware of this problem. They may be able to assist you but they can’t if they don’t know about your struggles.

You said that you were diagnosed with bone cancer. I’m very sorry. It has to be extraordinarily difficult. Ask your parents to speak with staff from the cancer treatment center about whether there are support groups that you could attend. The guidance counselors at school also may be able to assist your parents in locating support groups. Antidepressants are often given with a serious illness. Talk therapy is more than a possibility, it is a necessity.

The best way to deal with depression is to receive help as soon as possible. Be vocal about your symptoms. Don’t be secretive about this problem. Make your parents and school faculty know that you are depressed and ask for help. Once people know about your depression, they can assist you in receiving the proper treatment. I wish you the best possible luck. Please take care.

Mental Health & Criminal Justice Blog