Coldness

I have been suffering of something now in 3 months, sometimes when I wake up, I feel love, I feel the hear and the warmth in my heart and soul, but for the last few months, it dissaepears, I get cold, no feelings! Everything is gone, my mind feels like it is set somewhere else, I try to do home stuffs, like making the gard, going out and think of other things, it’s really hard for me, I feel like I’m going to get some sort of attack, (just a feeling) in my soul, I feel like ancesty, like something is hurting inside, when I shut down or close completely, my mind hurts and I get stucked in my brain, I don’t find the control of my heart, words just becomes words. It is really hard for me, what the f**k is happening to me?!! Help please?!

A. Without more details concerning your symptoms and additional clarification, it is not possible to determine what is wrong. It is possible that you are experiencing a form of disassociation. Individuals experiencing disassociation describe feeling numb and emotionally cold. They essentially cease to feel emotion.

Depersonalization disorder is a type of dissociative disorder. Individuals with depersonalization disorder describe feeling “spaced out.” They do not feel as though they are in control of their actions and on some occasions have described feeling intoxicated.

It is also possible, though less likely, that you’re experiencing psychosis. Psychosis is a temporary break with reality. Again, it’s difficult to determine what might be wrong because the description of your symptoms is unclear. If I had the opportunity to interview you in person, I would have a better understanding of your symptoms.

I would recommend having a psychiatric evaluation. If this is an emergency situation, then go to the emergency room or call 911. Please do not ignore the symptoms. As you describe them, they seem to be frightening to you and thus it is imperative that you see a mental health professional as soon as possible. Please take care.