Do I Have Pica?

I have been wondering this for a while now, because I have a weird habit of eating things off of my body. I don’t eat like, soap or rocks or paper or anything, but I eat like, scabs, dandruff, boogers and eye mucus.i am concerned because I do not know what it could do to my body by eating this stuff. I have been doing it for as long as I can remember and I’m 18 years old now and still doing it. I would see a doctor about it but have no insurance or money to do so. Could I get someone’s honest opinion please?? Thank you to all.

A: Anxiety may be the underlying cause here rather than pica. Just as when people bite their nails or pick their skin, stress and anxiety may be at the root of it. You may want to explore meditation or regular exercise as a way of coping if therapy isn’t an option.