Ex’s Actions are Affecting Daughter

my ex husband is nuts! he flys off the handle for no reason, he trys to bully me into doing whatever it is he wants me to do. He will get mad about something or someone and then talk about hurting them or thier vehicles etc.. for months on end! he uses our daughter as a tool to get back at me, he seems to think that the law and court orders that are on file do not pertain to him. I am seriously concerned for the well being of my daughter who has special needs and the behavior she is learning from him. I really think that he has some serious pyschological issues stemming from his mother and step fathers abusive relationship and his fathers alchoholism. Do you think that requesting a psychological evaluation is in the best interest of my daughter?

A: Why on earth are you staying in contact with a man who is a bully? You deserve better. Your little girl deserves better.

I’m not at all sure that the child needs an evaluation but it is clear you both need help. Please contact Domestic Violence Intervention Services in your city. Counselors there will help you find out what services are available for you and your little girl. They have counseling available for you, your daughter, and even for your ex if he’d like to learn how to be a decent human being.

You are not responsible for fixing your ex-husband. You are responsible for protecting your daughter. Get the help you both need.