Lost…

T feel empty on the inside. like I’m floating around inside my body without knowing how to control it or how to know how to feel…i have a hard time forming thoughts to make sense and i have a hard time feeling emotions or anything for that matter…i have to force myself to cry just to cry but even then i rarely ever cry…i bottle all my feelings inside. i domnt know how to interpret what I’m feeling..i literaly feel like nothings inside of me…im not scared or really worried about it or freaking out I’m kind of at a calm about it but than the fact that I’m not worried about feeling things or feeling empty that worrys me….whats wrong with me?

A: It’s terrible to feel so empty. You are right to be concerned that you aren’t even feeling enough to feel as worried about yourself as you probably should. What you are describing is typical of someone who is struggling with depression. You first need to see your doctor to find out if there is a medical cause. There are a number of hormonal disorders that show up as depression. If you are medically fine, then you need to take the next step and see a mental health counselor for a thorough evaluation. Please don’t wait any longer to get the help you need. You deserve to feel better.