Is This Anxiety?

Well it started at the beginning of the year I was obsessing a lot over my body and then it turned into every where I would go I started to compare myself to other girls then I started trying to find the things I thought were wrong with wrong on other girls then I started questioning whether or not that was the issue and if I was just a lesbian or bisexual but then I started having these really disgusting thoughts about children like doing things to children sexually and I’m not attracted to children I think that’s disgusting and I cried the first times it happened but it made me question that and i started checking myself to make sure i wasnt aroused by it now I’m affraid to be around my son or alone with my son for the fear I might dosomething to him

A: So — when are you going to do what you need to do to stop spinning around in your own head? I’m glad you wrote. I’m really glad you wrote. Thnking and worrying and obsessing is getting you nowhere. It’s way past time to go to a mental health professional for a complete evaluation and to talk over a treatment plan. Yes, I think it’s anxiety on steroids but I can’t know the whole story – or make a diagnosis – on the basis of a letter. Talk to people you trust — your doctor, spiritual leader, a friend, about which therapists in your community specialize in anxiety disorders and go. You need some peace. Your son needs his mother.