Veteran Needs Help

So let’s see where do I start , since I was young my mother was constantly in and out of bad relationships where it always found my two brothers and I taking some kind of abuse either verbal or physical. After I left my house I went to the military spent 12 and a half years in been to Iraq 3 times and seen all kinds of stuff like I have had to clean human fragments out of vehicles seen people guts all hanging out . I hurt my back while I was there and was medically separated from the service. When I was getting out I was never really thought about what happened to me but now I find my self having nightmares and doing some crazy stuff with my home life that has really taken atoll on my family . Granted I have never abused my wife or kids in anyway. I have cheated and done some high risk behavior things . I am always feeling like I am just ready to break down and if I don’t keep my self busy i am constantly finding my self sad and stressed and depressed . Just don’t know what to do anymore . Due to this I have now pretty much destroyed my marriage and put myself in so much dept I don’t even know where to begin

A; Thank you for your service to this country. You put yourself on the line for the rest of us and not without cost to yourself. Due to your background, you didn’t go into the military with a strong enough emotional foundation to manage all you saw and experienced. Give yourself a whole lot of credit for managing to do it anyway. Now that you are out, everything is catching up with you.

You didn’t mention what branch of the military you were in. Every branch has resources for vets like yourself. The Marines have a service called “Wounded Warrriors.” The Navy has “Safe Harbor.” The Army has “Wounded Soldier.” In every case, services are available to help you and your family resolve the issues that come from wartime service. Please contact your local VA (Veterans Administration) offices for how to access resources.