Dream Interpretation

My boyfriend and I have been going through some hard times lately and we don’t really know what to do with our relationship. It’s not that our love is troubled, it’s that we both have situations going on in our lives that are making it a little hard to be fully involved in the relationship at the moment. In fact, I think our love has grown for each other, but the situations are making it very hard for us to actually stay together.

I’m a strong believer that dreams can help show us what we are truly thinking and I was wondering what this particular dream ment. In my dream, my boyfriend and I were sitting on my couch watching a thunderstorm out of the big bay window in my living room with a candle on the coffee table but every other light was off in the house and we were alone. It was a particularly intense storm that was really lighting up the sky. We simply sat close together and watched it with my head against his shoulder without talking for what felt like forever. Finally, I grabbed his chin, looked into each others eyes for a little while, and we began to kiss very passionately. That led into very passionate love making. This was a very slow, emotional and close love making. It almost wasn’t sexual at all. It was just the closeness that mattered but it was still very intense. I was just curious as to what this dream could mean and if it had anything to do with the problems that we are having in our relationship or possibly what the outcome should be.

A: Dreams are idiocyncratic to the dreamer. Without knowing you, I can’t give you much more than what you’ve given me.

I think you understood the dream very well. The situations you speak of are the storm. They may be dark and even scary. Nonetheless, there is a candle of light, offering hope. Most important, you look to each other for safety and love and closeness. It’s a positive and hopeful dream that can be a great comfort to you as you manage the challenges ahead.