Hallucinations Tell Me To Do Things That Hurt

I feel like I am being controlled by the man in my head named Simon. He is new. The other ones aren’t here now, he just came. I intended on it anyways, but yesterday when I put a razor inside my private area, I was fine you know, it felt good. The. It felt like Simon took over my hand and he cut and cut, and I only saw blood. And he told me he’d do it every night until he stopped. I’m ging to tell my therapist, I just dunno what to do till then. I’m on my medicines right. I don’t like being I trouble so I can’t tell anyone, they might send me away again. I just need some advice please. I cry and he keeps yelling and if I do anything he yells more and says bad thing and it’s gonna be worse next time. I’m scared, and I hope you’ll answer this, thanx.

A. I would recommend calling your therapist or your psychiatrist immediately. They may be able to assist you before your next appointment. This is a serious problem that should not be ignored. You feel compelled to cut yourself and have done so already. You have lost your ability to control your behavior. This is a situation where you need to be safe and you should not fear the hospitalization, if necessary, that will protect you.

You should consider going to the hospital. You may not require inpatient hospitalization. The hospital staff can keep you safe until you feel as though you can control your behavior. The staff at the hospital may also be able to adjust your medication which could significantly reduce your hallucinations and desire to cut. Perhaps they can even contact your psychiatrist or therapist who could guide them in adjusting your medication. Please don’t ignore this problem and make an effort to receive emergency assistance. I hope you’re able to receive the help that will make you safe.