Nobody Likes My Boyfriend

I have known my boyfriend for seven years we dated at 14 and then again at 18. Thru the time since I was 18 these are the things that happen: he went to jail, he lived with me and my parents and eventually the two of us moved out. He also cheated on me and it seems like nothing he does can.make me say that’s enough. I moved out from our apartment back with my parents and we broke up and recently got back together and things are better between us but I’m afraid he will cheat again because I do not trust him and my question is how do I get both us to trust each other or how do I dump this Guy that I am madly in love with and can’t get my mind off him.?

A: I know this is painful. But here’s the truth of it: You’re not in love with him. You’re in “habit. You’ve known him for a long time so in some ways the relationship feels kind of safe. You know what to expect even if you don’t like it. He’s also your first love which puts an emotional spin on a relationship that is hard to resist.

You can’t get this guy off your mind because you’ve been tied up in his drama for most of your growing-up teen years. It’s time to declare this over and to get out there and develop new relationships with people who are mature, loyal, and not a source of continual stress. Yes, it will be scary to cut loose. But it’s more scary to me to think you will stay with a guy you can’t trust.