16 and Feels 70

From Cyprus: I can’t do this anymore. I’m sixteen years old but I don’t feel like it. I feel like I’m seventy and I’ve already experienced enough of life I’m ready for it all to end. I’m not saying my case is special or different. I’m not looking for attention. I’m looking for help. Because I don’t want to die. BUt I can’t live. Not like this. My parents can’t afford a therapist so It’s not an option. And any issue i have, I’m just supposed to ‘pray’ about it. For six years ive managed. But I can’t anymore. It feels like everything inside me has turned into a substance thinner than water and may as well bleed out my pores. I’m trying. God, you can’t say I’m not. But there’s a point where you can’t try anymore. I’m just so tired. Living with this. Living with nothing. My mind is full of thoughts and memories and my body is full of clenched pain. I don’t know. I don’t know what to do. I don’t know where to go. This is my last chance, please help me. Someone.

A: I’m so sorry you feel so lost and alone. You were right to write. Here’s the crisis line for your country: 0-777-267. Give them a call to find out where you can get help and support.

If you can call the U.S., here are two other places you might find helpful. All calls are confidential at both of them.

The Boys and Girls Town National Hotline is at 800-448-3000. Counselors are there 24/7 to help teens. About 250,000 people call them each year. Just under half are 19 years old or younger and 2/3 are female.

Another line is The Teenline: 800-522-TEEN. Teenline is staffed by teens who help other teens with their problems.

Please make the call. You’ve been miserable far too long.