I Want to Kill People

First of all, I haven’t killed anyone, but I get urges like I want to. Like I just want to see the pain in there eyes so they’ve felt like I do. I cut myself every once in a while but I did it for a year when my nana died then I was good for 6 months and this past 6 months its kind of on and off. I’m not abused or anything. I used to see a therapist but my mom stopped taking me. I told her about this and she got mad about it and said that I was only doing this for attention but then she said she wasn’t mad and she’s going to call and make me an appointment to talk to someone. I always hear voices that I know aren’t there. Sorry I just need some advice. :/

A: My advice is that you follow your own good advice. Clearly your therapy isn’t finished. You do need to go back. Since you are 14, I understand that your mother needs to be involved to discuss such things as payment and insurance but you can certainly call your therapist on your own to ask for an appointment. That might help get things moving.

Sometimes a person’s first response isn’t the real or important one. I’m guessing you really scared your mother. It’s totally understandable that she might want to think you are bidding for attention. That’s less frightening than thinking that something may be really wrong with her little girl. Do give her credit for coming back to you after she thought about it. Continue to ask for her help and support.