Depressed and Without Hope

Okay so this is kind of a big deal and I need advice. I struggle every day with depression and a lot of suicidal thoughts an the onlY reason I havent done anything is because I care about my family too much to leave. I’ve also attempted suicide over 5 times in the past week. I also have no one to ever talk to so I have to keep all these feelings insidE until at night when I start scratching and hitting myself until I fall asleep crying. It frustrates me. My friends at school make fun of me, gossip about me and laugh at me all the time. And when I try to talk to my parents they make fun of me. I don’t know what to do anymore and every time I write anything down in a journal my parents find it and get really mad and ask me a lot of questions but they don’t help only make it worse.

A. In this situation, I would advise you to bring your problem to the attention of someone who you think could help. That might be someone in authority at your school such as a guidance counselor, a teacher, the principal, the school nurse, etc. It might also be a relative who you think might help, a friend’s parents, a coach, a member of your church or someone who you see as a mentor. I know that may not be easy but it is important that you reach out to someone. Don’t continue to hold in your feelings. Tell someone.

Attempting suicide is very serious. Call the suicide hotline at 800-273-8255 for free and confidential crisis counseling. Call 911 if you feel that might attempt suicide. Emergency personnel can protect you from harming yourself.

The ultimate goal for you is to receive the proper mental health help. It is important that you tell someone about how you are feeling and to do so immediately. There is help available but you have to actively reach out for it. I hope you are able to get the help that you desire. Please take care.