Psych Central

16 and Pregnant — Again?

I had a little girl about 4months ago. And well I got cheated on. So we fought a lot. Things are better. So what do you do after you fight? You have makeup sex… Well never again for me. I could be pregnant again.. What should I do? I don’t know what both mine and my bfs parents would do. We can’t afford it money wise n idk I’m scared. My highschool or collage could disappear. Everyone will be disappointed. I think I’m pregnant. I know the feeling. but I took at test it came back negative. But the first time I was prego I came negative 2 times. So I need help. Please. And it’s the same guy I’ve been with for more than a year and please help.

A: The first thing you need to do is go to a doctor for a pregnancy test. You’ve already discovered that the home tests aren’t necessarily reliable in your case. If you get a test, at least you’ll know what you’re dealling with. Then you and your boyfriend do need to put on your adult suits and sit down with both sets of parents to explain what happened and to talk about what to do. As hard as those conversations will be, you owe it to them – and to your children – to have that talk. You and your boyfriend are in no position to be married or to be parents and yet you already have one child and maybe one on the way. Without the support of both sets of parents, it will be extremely difficult to support yourselves and your children. Even with their help, you will probably need additional assistance through social services. I hope you can all develop a plan that will help you and your boyfriend get an education and develop work skills so that you can eventually be independent and give your children a stable home.