Do I Have a Personality Disorder?

I have taken multiple personality disorder tests online and have gotten the same result from a lot of them- that I have Schizoid Personality Disorder and match the characteristics pretty well. Although I know I have always been an oddball in society, I don’t think there is really anything seriously wrong with me.How reliable are these online test results? Thank you.

A: I think you have used the online tests in just the right way. There are many different online measures, some very good and some not so. But they all give you an indication that you should check out the results with a professional. Writing us here was the next right step. The thing to do is to find someone qualified in your area to give you an evaluation for this. You will most likely want to use a psychologist as they are the ones who use the standardized tests to determine a diagnosis.

The find help tab at the top of the page will help you locate someone qualified in your area. Not all psychologists do the kind of tests you want, so be sure when you call to ask if they do the testing, or if they can recommend someone, or a clinic, that does.