Child’s Father Possibly is Dangerous

He and I have been together on and off for 3 years. During this time, he has told me that he sees ghosts, used to be in a cult(the stories are absolutely unbelievable), and that he has another personality. Most of this, I have just ignored, because he loves attention. About a month ago, we were trying to work things out, and he got me pregnant. I didn’t know however, and decided to try to get away from him. Then I started getting texts from him, about how I deserve to die. When I found out I was pregnant, I told him, and he said that he wants to be there for it. Since then, he told me that he lost control when I left and was plotting on killing me and my sister, but that he’s okay and in control now. I’m scared that I’m going to do something to set him off, and I don’t really know where to turn. Is there a way to have him committed if I have the texts and everything?

A. Depending on the specificity of his threats he may be eligible for involuntary commitment or he may be arrested. With such limited information it’s difficult to answer your specific question.

My recommendation in this situation is to go to the police immediately and show them the text messages that you have been receiving. Those text messages are proof of his threats. Do not ignore his threats. Do not assume that his threats are his way of garnering attention. They may be but that should not be your concern at this time. The concern is that he has made direct threats against you and your sister which need to be taken seriously. I hope that you will go to the police immediately and keep yourself and your family safe. Please take care and stay safe.