Son Makes Unusual Faces

My son is 8 years old & started licking his lips and sticks it way out and actually looks at his tongue as he’s doing it but doesn’t realize he’s doing it. Then after a few weeks of that he started blinking eyes excessively also. I’ve seems to go through little phases with these certain type of facial movements.

A: I can’t know what to make of this without seeing him so I suggest you consult your pediatrician. Your statement that he doesn’t know when he is doing these things is of concern. I don’t mean to alarm you (and I may be very wrong) but sometimes this kind of behavior is due to what are called absence seizures. I think you should check it out.

I hope all is well.