Hate My Life & Have Depression

Every day at some part I hate my life. An I can never find happiness unless I drink beer. I was in the military but I couldn’t handle the stress. I would have killed myself but I know I will goto hell. Since iv came home, I don’t want to talk to anyone I just want to be alone an be drunk. I am ashamed of myself an have my mothers financial stress oh my shoulders. Sometimes I just want to die. I try relationships but I always end up unhappy an I see the problems with me. I hate my job at walmart and I can’t afford school, vein tryin so hard to find happiness an I keep turning to beer. I don’t want to be on this earth somtimes I’m just ready to die an go because I find no purpose here.

A. People turn to drugs and alcohol because it feels good to be high and they don’t have to think about their problems. The use of these substances temporarily numbs psychological pain but it comes at a great price to your physical and emotional health. Your continued use of alcohol can destroy your life and the lives of those who care about you.

Life might be difficult now but it won’t always be this way. You can and should seek help. You stated that you are ashamed. I’m assuming that you are ashamed of having problems or needing to ask for help. It is a mistake to feel that way. Everyone has problems and no one is born knowing how to handle them. It is a matter of learning effective problem-solving strategies and developing life skills. Some people are fortunate enough to have had those skills taught to them by their parents or by a mentor but not everyone has that luxury. For those who don’t, therapy is essential. It can teach you effective skills for dealing with the inevitable problems of life.

Would you feel shame if you had a serious medical condition but lacked the specialized knowledge or skills to treat that problem? When it comes to medical problems, the layperson does not believe that they can or should be able to treat themselves. Generally, most people feel no shame in seeking help for medical problems, yet they do so for psychological problems. There should be no shame in seeking treatment for either type of problem.

I understand that it may be difficult to believe that your life can improve but with the proper help, it is undoubtedly possible. This website can assist you in accessing resources for veterans. If you feel that you may harm yourself please don’t hesitate to go to the emergency room. Please take care.