Severe Depression

Hello I am 13. Years old and I think I have depression. I have taken 7 tests for depression and they all say I do have depression. I am not comfortable talking to my family about this. I need to talk to some one I don’t know what to do. I am lost and confused. I have had thoughts about killing my self and it’s scaring me. I have no be to talk to that won’t freak out. I really need help ASAP I am confused of what I should do. Please help me I am sad and….and…. I just don’t know what to do.

A: You did a very courageous thing by taking the time to write us here. Now is the time to follow up on this courage. Tomorrow tell your favorite teacher at school, or the school counselor or school nurse exactly what you have told us. In fact, you can show them the letter. The fact that you don’t like how you’re feeling and want to feel better is a very healthy thing. What I can tell you is that depression can be helped and the people in your school are the ones to tell. They know the right things to do to get you feeling better.