Should I See a Doctor?

well, i know for a fact i have depression. my friend had it exactly how i have it and well vicodine helps a lot with that, but it does affect my life since i have no energy and no fun at all when i am depressed and happens for no reason. I have trouble with social interactions and dont get some jokes/norms. i see things as black or white and have super high expectations for people. I had almost no friends untill i started learning social engineering. i tend to “flip out” on people and i have little to no empathy, i dont feel bad when other people are sad i just cant stand it. oh and im super paranoid and lie a LOT. basicly, i have been reading a bit on it after being in psychology and want to know if i should get help

A: Of course you should see a professional. If you could have handled this by yourself, you would have done so already. Self-medicating is never a good idea. There’s no need to resign yourself to being lonely and unable to connect with people for the rest of your life. It can’t feel good to know yourself to be a chronic liar. Paranoia is frightening and exhausting.

I’m very glad you’ve been doing some reading and that you are taking yourself more seriously. Please do make a call to get an evaluation by a clinician. You deserve a better life.