Think I Have Mild Schizophrenia

Okay well I’m a very paranoid person when it comes to phone calls, For example if i get a call (unknown number or known) Ill look at my phone and wont answer because i feel as if the person on the other line either knows something, or has bad news.. What would they know I have no idea? I have very bad concentration and often get my thoughts mixed up, I sometimes also think people know what im thinking or that im being watched when im alone.. and sometimes i think of the weirdest thoughts that wouldnt make sense to someone else but to me its really convincing. I also see these weird outlinings or shadowish(see through) lines in the air which are very light.. are these hallucinations? And I am also very awkward around some people. and sometimes i look outside at the mountain close to my house and feel as if this is all fake and were inside a weird globe or something i dont know how to explain it but its strange.. And to possibly help you I have experienced with Acid and A lot of cannabis. It makes me think if the acid triggered Schizophrenia.. I also feel as if I’m missing some things but i just cant remember anything else.

A. It is difficult to know what may be wrong on the basis of a short letter. Your symptoms may be psychotic in nature but I would need to gather much more psychosocial information and many more details about your experiences to know with certainty.

What also complicates your situation is that you have a history of using hallucinogenic drugs. Hallucinogenic drugs have been linked to psychotic disorders. There are many theories about the causes of schizophrenia, and drug use is among them. It is important to remember that no definitive cause of schizophrenia has yet been scientifically proven, though there exist many theories.

It is theoretically possible that your drug use has triggered the symptoms that you have described or they are side effects of your drug use. On the other hand, is also possible that your symptoms are being produced by schizophrenia. I am not suggesting that the causes of your symptoms are limited to either schizophrenia or drug usage; there are many other possible causes. Each should be investigated.

Your symptoms should not be minimized. My recommendation would be to be evaluated by a mental health clinician. Meeting with a clinician would be advantageous for several reasons. Chief among them would be to determine if your symptoms are indicative of psychosis and to then begin treatment as soon as possible (if deemed necessary).

Finally, if you have not done so already, abstain from illicit drug use. To say that illicit drug use is dangerous would be an extreme understatement. In addition, it can lead to serious, irreversible changes in brain chemistry.