Return to Abusive Relationship?

9 Days ago i ended a physically abusive relationship after 2 years… i know it is for the best i have a 6 year old..5 month old.. and am 11 weeks pregnant.. the 6 year old is not his but 2 babies are.. he is manipulating me by saying he wants me back then changing his mind what do i need to do to get over him and not miss this terrible monster? Hard to avoid communication due to our baby and the one on the way

A: Good for you for leaving! You deserve better. Your children deserve to be raised in an environment that is safe. Don’t be hard on yourself for finding it hard to separate yourself from this man. Most women in your situation would have those same feelings. But that doesn’t mean you should go back.

You need emotional and practical help. Please call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 800-799-7233. There are counselors available 24/7 to talk to you. They can give you the location and phone number of the women’s shelters in your city.