I Need Help Or I Might End Up Killing Myself

I think I might kill myself. I can’t handle this, I am so heart broken I literally go into self destructive binges and I don’t want to die like that. I need help and I need to get away from where I live cause I know that if I am near her and I will keep doing what I am doing and I can’t let this happen. Please help me and tell me what to do, I need it.

A. Many people feel the same way after losing someone they care about. It feels like a devastating loss but ending your life is not the proper way to handle this situation. Try to think logically. Let logic dictate your behavior, not your emotions.

Logic shows us reality. The reality in this situation is that you feel immense emotional pain but that pain will eventually subside for you as it does for everyone. You can recover from this but it may take time.

There are many problems that one will face throughout life. That is true for everyone. It is important to learn effective problem-solving and coping skills to deal with the difficult life challenges. Those skills can be learned through counseling.

At this point in time, it is important that you seek help as soon as possible. Talk to a mental health professional. Go to the hospital if you feel that you cannot protect yourself. Be in the presence of others whenever possible. Don’t allow yourself to isolate. Force yourself to be interactive even if you do not have the desire. The more support that you have during this difficult time, the better you will feel.

I’m sorry for your loss. I wish you the best. Please take care.

@DrKRandle