I don’t know what’s wrong with me

I know this is very odd but sometimes I feel the urge to seriously hurt people for no real reason. I’ve also recently developed an unhealthy obsession for blood. I don’t know if it’s a mental disorder or not, but I know it’s abnormal and really unhealthy. It kinda complicates social situations.

A: I bet it does complicate things. In spite of the popularity of the Twilight saga, biting people isn’t a good way to make friends or express love.

I can’t comment on whether or not you are developing a mental health issue on the basis of so little information. However, the fact that these thoughts and feelings bother you is enough of a reason to see a counselor for an evaluation. Since it is getting in the way of your social life, I do urge you to make an appointment right away. You don’t want to miss the good times of high school because of these urges. A therapist who talks to you in some depth can help you understand where the impulse is coming from and what you might want to do about it.

Ask your parents for help locating a therapist. If for some reason you don’t feel you can do that, consider confiding in your school guidance counselor or school nurse. They often know which therapists in town work well with teens.