Anger management or combination of therapy

I am not sure what I type of help I need more. Whether it is anger management or a combination of therapy. I have a definite problem with deliberate anger and sudden anger, but I am not sure if it stems from underlying problems. What is the difference between anger management classes and therapy? Thanks

A: Anger management classes are usually short-term (6-12 sessions) and highly focused on learning about the causes of anger and the conditions under which anger occurs in your life. Typically there is a stress management or meditation component, and members of the group are taught coping strategies to deal with angry feelings and behaviors.

In contrast, most therapies will take a much broader view of the individual than dealing with the exclusive domain of anger. Typically, unless it is a short-term therapeutic approach, the number of sessions is longer, and behavioral, familial, social, and emotional reasons are often explored to understand their influence on your life.